I decided to work on becoming an amazing baker today. I felt that my husband deserved a treat and I had heard him talking about these little cookies before. I found the recipe on cooks.com and used a mini-cupcake pan instead of a cookie sheet.
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 c. flour
1 (14 oz.) Reese's mini peanut butter cups
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Line mini-cupcake pan with mini-cupcake liners
3. Mix together all ingredients except peanut butter cups
4. Roll dough into small balls
5. Place balls in cupcake liners
6. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown
7. Press 1 peanut butter cup in center of each cookie
8. Let cool in pan
|All of the ingredients.|
|All ingredients (except the peanut butter cups)|
in the KitchenAid.
|All mixed together.|
|Mini-cupcake pan lined.|
|Small dough balls.|
|While baking I unwrapped 24 peanut butter cups.|
|Fresh out of the oven.|
|Press the cups in while cookies are hot.|
|Regular peanut butter cookies made with leftover dough.|
What I learned:
1) It's difficult and messy to measure peanut butter.
2) Don't leave unwrapped chocolate things near a hot oven.
3) I like mini Reese's peanut butter cups.