Pages

Monday, 9 July 2012

Crockpot: Mississippi Pot Roast

I have a fancy-pants Crockpot that I received as a gift at my bridal shower 2+ years ago. I think I've used it four times. This naturally led to me feeling that I had to become awesome at using my Crockpot. I found this recipe for a roast on Pinterest and it looked so darn easy. The actual recipe is on some woman's blog and is very straightforward.

1 chuck roast
1 ranch dressing packet
1 au jus gravy packet
1 stick of butter
5 pepperoncini peppers

1. Place chuck roast in Crockpot.
2. Sprinkle packets on top of roast.
3. Place stick of butter on top of roast.
4. Place peppers on top of roast.
5. Put lid on Crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.


All of my ingredients.
My chuck roast was just over a pound.

All of the ingredients, but now in the Crockpot.

Cook on low for 8 hours.

I didn't get a picture of the final product because the camera battery died and I couldn't find the spare or the charger. Mine looked a little overdone on the outside, but it didn't taste that way and the inside was perfect. My husband and I devoured the entire roast in one sitting. It was delicious. Next time I would rub salt and pepper into the roast first, and I would add more peppers for a little more kick in the gravy.

What I Learned:
1. A chuck roast is beef.
2. FoodMaxx only sells giant jars of pepperoncini peppers.
3. I like meat with a little more seasoning.
4. My Crockpot cooks faster or at a higher temperature than others. (I turned mine off when it still had a little over a half hour to go.)
5. I like Mississippi pot roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...