Pages

Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Sweets: Jello Roll-ups

Sometimes I'm a blog stalker. There are people that I'm curious about, but, honestly, don't care enough about to actually talk to. Mean, I know. I still enjoy reading their blogs and seeing what they're up to. On one such blog stalking experience I learned about this recipe that kids apparently dig. It only requires three ingredients, one of which dumps right out of my faucet, and so I decided to give it a go. (I also have no idea what to categorize this under because it's neither baking nor cooking, in my opinion.)


1 pkg (3 oz.) jello - any flavor
1/2 c. water
1 1/2 c. marshmallows

1. Lightly spray an 8 or 9 in. square pan
2. Stir together water and jello in bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
3. Stir together making sure jello is completely dissolved.
4. Add marshmallows and return to microwave 60-90 seconds or until marshmallows have just begun to puff.
5.Whisk quickly until marshmallows are dissolved.
6. Pour quickly into square pan and chill in fridge for 45 minutes or until well set.
7. Gently pull on one side of jello to get the sheet out of the pan.
8. Roll the sheet up tightly placing the seam of the roll on the bottom.
9. Use thread to cut roll into 1-inch pieces. 
10. Serve immediately or refrigerate. 

All of my ingredients.
The recipe actually called for mini-marshmallows, but I didn't have any.

That's as dissolved as mine ever got. 

Dump the marshmallows in unceremoniously. 

Microwave until puffed.
The recipe said to do 20-40, but it took me a little over a minute.
Important note: If you continue microwaving after the marshmallows have just started to puff the layers won't separate in the pan.
Whisk fast! Look at that whisk go...

Dump into sprayed pan.
Hopefully your fridge is level so the sheet sets evenly. Which should explain my next picture...

Your rolled up sheet should not look like a hot dog.

Completed jello roll-ups.

What I Learned:
1. Regular marshmallows can replace miniature marshmallows, but it may increase microwave time.
2. My fridge is not level.
3. If you don't spray the sides of the pan, it's difficult to get the sheet out.
4. These are too sweet for me, but I can see why kids like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...