Pages

Thursday, 17 January 2013

Crockpot: Caramel Apple Cider

Once again it is thanks to Pinterest that I found this recipe to experiment with. I have made it twice now, but didn't document the first time. This cider is a perfect winter drink and makes enough for a small gathering. I have changed the recipe slightly to what worked for me.

3 qt. apple juice (a little more than 12 cups)
4 cinnamon sticks
1/2 c. caramel
whipped cream
caramel for drizzling

1. Heat apple juice and cinnamon sticks in crockpot on high for four hours.
2. Stir in caramel.
3. Serve in heat-proof cups topped with whipped cream and caramel.


All of the ingredients.


The delicious finished product.

What I Learned:
1. 3 qt. is a little more than 12 c.
2. Cinnamon sticks have to start to uncurl to give off flavor.
3. Whipped cream tastes good on cider.
4. Caramel apple cider is a crowd pleasing alternative to hot chocolate.
5. I like homemade caramel apple cider.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had discovered this ages ago. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...