Thanks to this budget I had to crank the wheels this Valentine's Day since I usually just buy something. Thanks to Pinterest and The Dating Divas I think I did my first homemade Valentine's Day just fine.
My first step was making the goodie bag. I found this idea at Twig & Thistle. I imagine you're supposed to buy nice paper bags, but I just used the ones out in the pantry and put them through my parents' HP Officejet printer.
|Not quite as cute as the ones on Twig & Thistle.|
I then found this fun bedroom memory game on The Dating Divas.
I printed the free printable out on cream card stock, and for some reason some of them got cut off so not all of the cards ended up being the exact same size.
|4 pages of the backs, 4 pages of the fronts.|
|All of my fronts and backs.|
|Love this little machine.|
I placed the cards in the Valentine's Day Goodie Bag along with some fudgy brownie cookies I made using the recipe from Tasty Kitchen.
|His Valentine's Day gift.|
What I Learned:
1. I really like The Dating Divas.
2. I have no idea how to fix PDFs that aren't printing correctly.
3. Even to do things homemade requires a bit of money.
4. I want a laminator.
5. I'm only crafty when I copy what someone else has already done.
6. I need to start crafts at least a couple of weeks before I want them - otherwise I get stressed.