Pages

Monday, 15 April 2013

Cookies: Chocolate Chip

World, I made the most perfect chocolate chip cookies yesterday. I kid you not. I found the recipe on Pinterest, and it tells you exactly what to do and what not to do. It has pictures and explains all of the common mistakes made with chocolate chip cookies. My husband always wonders why my cookies turn out flat, and now they never will again! Mwahahahahaha! He even complimented the bottoms of the cookies. They were hot cookie bottoms, tell you what. Can you tell I'm excited? I didn't adjust the recipe or instruction in anyway, so I'm not going to include the recipe in this post. If you click here you will be taken to the webpage of chocolate chip cookie awesomeness where you can find the recipe and their tips. The cookies taste and look magnificent. The only proof I have is my word, my family's word, and this picture that you'll just have to trust was taken by me:


Clearly I needed to be educated in photography, but we'll get to that another time.

What I Learned:
1) I can make perfect chocolate chip cookies.
2) Using both butter and shortening makes a huge difference in fluffiness.
3) It's not a myth that you can overmix cookie dough.
4) My family thinks I have awesome cookie making skills.
5) I have a new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.
6) I have no idea why the dough needs to be refrigerated before being baked.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...