Pages

Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Sweets: Irish Dirt Cake

I had been holding onto this one on Pinterest for at least a year before I had a good reason to make it: St. Patrick's Day! Because of my reading errors I didn't make it the way the I was supposed to, but it still tasted good. I found the recipe at Tablespoon, but I'm going to write my variation.

4 (6 oz.) cartons of French vanilla yogurt
2 packets French vanilla pudding
1/2 c. milk
6 oz. extra creamy whipped topping
2 c. white chocolate chips
Lucky Charms for layering
Green food coloring

1. Beat together yogurt and pudding mix until whippy.
2. Add whipped topping and beat until smooth.
3. In a small bowl melt white chocolate chips in 30 second bursts.
4. Pour melted chocolate in mixture in small amounts until well-beaten.
5. Add green food coloring for desired color.
6. Layer mixture and Lucky Charms in serving cups.
7. Top with whipped cream and serve immediately.


What I Learned:
1. Lucky Charms get soggy.
2. Cans of whipped topping contain less ounces than I thought.
3. Irish Dirt Cake makes me thirsty.
4. This works as a once a year dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...