Pages

Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Dressings: Creamy Lime Cilantro

I have this thing for that delicious variety of ranch dressing that can be found at Cafe Rio and Costa Vida. Imagine my excitement when I found a copycat recipe through Pinterest. A 'thank-you' to Our Best Bites for putting this out there to creamy lime-cilantro dressing junkies, such as myself. Seriously. I could drink the stuff. I've made this a few times now, and it never turns out the same, but it always turns out great. Based on my own slight experimentation I share this recipe:

1 packet Hidden Vally Ranch Dressing Mix
1 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. milk
1-2 limes
2 cloves garlic chopped or pressed
1/4 - 1/2 c. chopped cilantro
1/4 c. green salsa
hot sauce

All ingredients.

1. Dump everything but the hot sauce into a blender and blend.


2. Add hot sauce to taste.
3. Refrigerate 2 or more hours before use to allow it to thicken up.


Makes about 16 oz.
What I Learned:
1. It will never taste the same way twice.
2. I like more lime and a little less cilantro.
3. If I fill up a 1 cup measuring cup with cilantro, after I stick it in the food processor it's a little less than 1/2 a cup, which is perfect.
4. It always takes more hot sauce than I would think to taste a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...