Pages

Saturday, 19 October 2013

Holiday Decor: 'Boo' Wreath

Hello, world!

I am not a great blogger, and I definitely don't record all of my education, experimental or not, on here. I repent, and will try to do better.

I would like to share a wreath that I made with the help of my mother-in-law and husband. If I hadn't been in a time crunch I would've been able to easily do it by myself, I think. Due to the time crunch I don't have any pictures of it in the works, but I will share the link where I find the tutorial, and will share what I did differently as well.

Again: Thank you Pinterest. And thank you to people with the crafty vision: I could never come up with these things on my own.

Please click here for pictures of the step-by-step tutorial for making this simple wreath done by Craftaholics Anonymous. (The link she includes to cut burlap is a lifesaver.)



1 1/4 yards black burlap (I found mine at Joann)
14" foam wreath wring
black acrylic paint
wooden letters spelling 'BOO' (Joann was out of 'O's so my husband had to cut the tail off of two 'Q's.)
scrapbook paper
mod podge
hot glue gun


1. Paint wreath ring and wooden letters black.
2. Cut at least 40 1"x16" strips of burlap. (I bought 1.5 yards of burlap because I was afraid of goofing up, but I never did and now have enough burlap to make another wreath.)
3. Tie the burlap strips in double knots around the wreath doing a slight overlap on each strip. Place all knots on the side of the wreath that will face away from the door.
4. Cut scrapbook paper to size. I traced the letters onto the paper and then cut with an Exacto knife.
5. Mod Podge paper onto letters. I did two coats on top using matte finish Mod Podge.
6. Hot glue letters onto burlap knots (be sure to move strips out of the way).

What I Learned:
1. Burlap fluff makes me sneeze and gets EVERYWHERE.
2. I need fabric scissors.
3. The cost of this wreath is about $13.00 if you already own the paint, scrapbook paper, and Mod Podge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...