Please click here to view the original recipe from Just a Pinch.
First we make the
Graham Cracker Crumble
3 T unsalted butter
2 T sugar
1 T light brown sugar
1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1. Melt butter in heavy skillet.
2. Mix in sugars and stir until bubbling.
3. Mix in graham cracker crumbs and stir until color deepens.
4. Turn out onto plate and cool.
|Ingredients for Graham Cracker Crumble. Mine came out|
incredibly crunchy - next time I'll take it off the skillet sooner.
Then we make the
Key Lime Cream*
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. fresh lime juice
1 T. grated lime peel
1 c. sweetened whipped cream
1) Blend condensed milk, lime juice, and peel together in large bowl until mixture thickens.
2) Set aside while you make sweetened whipped cream.
3) When sweetened whipped cream is done, fold in 1 cup to key lime cream mixture.
|Ingredients minus the whipped cream. I used the tiny|
zester on the side of my grater for the peel. The
mixture thickened up nicely after a few minutes of blending.
Lastly, we make the
Sweetened Whipped Cream
2 c. chilled whipping cream.
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
1. Beat whipping cream in frozen bowl with frozen beaters until firm peaks begin to form.
2. Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
3. Beat again until stiff peaks form.
|Ingredients for sweetened whipped cream. |
This was the longest part of the process.
Finally, we get to put it all together.
Key Lime Parfaits
graham cracker crumble
key lime cream
sweetened whipped cream
1. Place 1/4 c. key lime cream into parfait cup.
2. Top with 1 T graham cracker crumble.
3. Alternate until cup is full making sure top layer is the graham cracker crumble.
4. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
5. Serve with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream on top.
|The final, delicious product.|
*I added a few drops of green food coloring so it wasn't all so white.
What I Learned:
1. Key Lime is very easy to make.
2. I have a zester on my cheese grater.
3. It takes a long time for stiff peaks to come.
4. I need to put my graham cracker crumble on the stove for less time.
5. I can eat a lot of Key Lime in a day.